Last updated July 23, 2017. Replaces the prior version in its entirety.
Please note: In order to use our applications and websites, you authorise Inventiva to transfer your personal information across national borders and to other countries where Inventiva and its partners operate. The privacy protections and rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. We will only transfer your personal information to these countries where permitted to do so by law and we will take steps intended to ensure that your personal information continues to receive appropriate protections. For more information, please see section “Does Inventiva transfer my personal information across national borders?”.
Inventia Applications & Websites
We collect information about how you use our applicationss and websites, including when you use a desktop app feature that takes you online. We may collect information sent by your browser or device to our servers whenever you visit an Inventiva website or use an Inventiva application. For example, your browser or device may tell us your IP address (which may tell us generally where you are located) and the type of browser and device you use. When you visit an Inventiva website, your browser may also tell us information such as the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website. Inventiva may collect information about how you use our websites and apps by using cookies and similar technologies, and our servers may collect similar information when you are logged in to the application or website. Depending on the application or website, this information may be anonymous or it may be associated with you.
Also, we use automated systems to analyse your content using techniques such as machine learning in order to improve our applications and websites. This analysis may occur as the content is sent or received using an online feature of an Inventiva application or website, or when the content is stored on Inventiva’s servers.
What Information Does Inventiva Collect From Me?
Inventiva ID, registration, and customer support
When you register to use an Inventiva app or website, create an Inventiva ID, or contact us for support or other offerings, Inventiva collects information that identifies you. This includes information such as your name, company name, email address, or payment information. We may also sometimes collect other information that does not identify you, such as which types of apps you’re interested in. Some of this information is required and other information is optional. To help keep our databases current and to provide you the most relevant content and experiences, we may combine information provided by you with information from other sources, in accordance with applicable law. For example, from these sources, we may learn about the size, industry, and other information about the company you work for.
Emails we send you may include a technology (called a web beacon) that tells Inventiva whether you have received or opened the email, or clicked a link in the email. If you do not want us to collect this information from Inventiva marketing emails, you can opt out of receiving Inventiva marketing emails.
Inventiva Online Advertising
Inventiva advertises online in a variety of ways, including displaying Inventiva ads to you on other companies’ websites and apps. We collect information such as which ads are displayed, which ads are clicked on, and on where the ad was displayed.
Buttons, Tools & Content From Other Companies
Inventiva Social Networking Pages & Social Sign-On Services
Inventiva has its own pages on many social networking sites (for example, the Inventiva team’s Facebook page). You may also be able to sign in to an Inventiva app or website using a social networking account, such as a Facebook account. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages or use these sign-on features.
How Does Inventiva Use The Information Collected From Me?
Inventiva uses the information we collect from you in a number of ways, such as:
- Providing you with the Inventiva apps and websites for which you have registered, as well as any services, support, or information you have requested
- Better understanding how our websites and apps are being used so we can improve them and engage and retain users
- Using automated systems to analyse your content using techniques such as machine learning in order to improve our services. This analysis may occur as the content is sent, received, or when it is stored.
- Diagnosing problems in our apps and websites
- Tailoring a website, app, or Inventiva ad to your likely interests
- Sending you business messages such as those related to payments or expiration of your subscription
- Sending you information about Inventiva, new app releases, special offers, and similar information (learn more)
- Conducting market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Reducing fraud, software piracy, and protecting you as well as Inventiva
- As further described for a specific Inventiva app or website
What Are Cookies & How Does Inventiva Use Them?
Does Inventiva Share My Personal Information?
No, we do not.
Although, we might share your personal information only under these exceptions:
- When you agreed to the sharing
- With our resellers and other sales partners if you are a business customer and agreed to receive Inventiva marketing communications. Note that we do not share personal information about consumers with third parties for their own marketing purposes unless the consumer agreed to that sharing.
- When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process.
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our apps or websites against attacks, or protect the property and safety of Inventiva, our customers and users, or the public
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, sell an Inventiva website, app, or business unit, or if all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases your information will likely be one of the assets that is transferred.
We may share or publish aggregate information that doesn’t specifically identify you, such as statistical information about visitors to our websites.
Is My Personal Information Displayed Anywhere On Invetiva’s Websties or Applications?
There are several places within inventiva’s websites and apps that allow you to post comments, upload pictures, or submit content for others to see. Sometimes you can limit who can see what you share, but there are some places where what you share can be seen by the general public or other users of the app or website. Please be careful when you share your personal information. Do not share anything you wouldn’t want publicly known unless you are sure you are posting it within an app or website that allows you to control who sees what you post. Please note that when you post messages on certain user forums on our websites and app, your email address or name may be included and displayed with your message.
To remove content you have shared on our websites and apps, please use the same app or website feature you used to share the content. If another user invites you to participate in shared viewing, editing, or commenting of content, you may be able to delete your contributions, but usually the user who invited you has full control. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact us.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Inventiva cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Where Does Inventiva Store My Personal Information?
Your personal information and files are stored on Inventiva’s servers. Your personal information may be transferred across national borders because we have servers located worldwide.
Does Inventiva Transfer My Personal Information Across National Borders?
We may transfer your personal information across national borders to other countries in compliance with applicable laws.
How Can I Review/Update My Personal Information or Close My Inventiva ID Account?
Under the law of some countries, you may have the right to access the information Inventiva holds about you, correct mistakes in that information, and to delete personal information that we no longer have business reasons for retaining. Many of our websites and apps allow you to edit your personal information by accessing the “my account,” “my profile,” or a similar feature of the app or website you are using. Likewise, you can delete files or photos you have stored in our websites and apps by logging in and using the deletion functions they make available.
To request that we remove your email address from our marketing database, deactivate your Inventiva ID account, or provide you a copy of your personal information, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we need to retain certain information about you for legal and internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and apps you are eligible to use with your Inventiva ID and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
Will Inventiva Market To Me?
Inventiva may use your information to provide you with information and offers related to Inventiva. We give you choices regarding our marketing practices.